This is a remote position, however candidates must be based in Australia to be considered, given this role is focused on the APAC region. Approximately 10% regional international travel is anticipated. Candidates must be bilingual in English and Chinese/Mandarin.
Join a mission-based team in meaningful work to build a more sustainable future.
At Leanpath, we are a group of diverse and passionate technologists, sustainability experts, culinarians, and analysts who come together to achieve our vision each and every day: to ensure a sustainable future by eliminating global food waste.
Food waste is one of the biggest global issues of our time. More than a third of the world’s food is wasted. And with global hunger and social inequities increasing, wasted food and resources is tragic, devastating our communities and our planet.
Be a part of the solution. At Leanpath, we address food waste at its source. It starts with the foundational premise that we manage the things that we measure. To uncover why food is being wasted and what we can do to prevent that waste from happening again, we need data and insights. Leanpath has a unique, patented set of hardware that we have deployed globally in the fight against food waste.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Account Director to lead, build and grow our relationships with customers. The Account Director is a senior role within the Leanpath Customer Success team, which is focused on growth and retention. The ideal candidate will have direct experience and expertise managing complex client relationships, and will be excited by a new challenge to create the framework and lead a small team to ensure strong client relationships. We are seeking someone with an analytical mindset, preferably with a consulting and sales background, who is very strong at building and fostering enterprise relationships for growth and success.
Primary Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Relationship Building and Resource Management: The Account Director will lead the design and delivery of the program best suited to meet the client’s needs, assembling and briefing internal project teams, overseeing progress, updating clients, and adjusting the project plan or strategy based on field learnings. The Account Director will establish the vision for the customer lifecycle and align resources to ensure delivered value. They will participate in and oversee client communication, accelerating time to start, training deliverables and scheduling, approvals and IT scoping.
- Growth and Revenue Responsibility: The Account Director will work closely with senior level customers to ensure client goals are understood and met. They will be responsible for obtaining a deep knowledge of the client organizations, monitoring changes in client strategy and leadership, driving expansion opportunities, and managing all aspects of contract renewals. They will also be responsible for seeing opportunity, guiding to it strategically, and seeing it through to close. This will include scoping, quoting, creating and presenting Statements of Work for customer projects.
- Contract negotiation and financial administration: The AD monitors business engagement in terms of subscription rates, renewals, licensed seats, and helps customers conform to contractual commitments. The AD works with Sales and Finance on renewals, expansion, invoicing, and other commercial matters.
- Performance Monitoring: The Account Director will monitor client satisfaction, analyze client outcomes, and prepare ROI and other results-oriented analyses. They will ensure the client understands their results and will develop materials and presentations for clients to share their success within their own organizations. The Account Director, along with associated Customer Success Managers, will evaluate program success shoulder-to-shoulder with the client, with constant focus on program improvements and innovations. Evaluation of success will be closely tied to KPIs of customer churn and expansion.
- Team Management: The Account Director will manage a small team and participate in hiring decisions.
- Other Duties: The Account Director will perform other duties as assigned. Overall, they will serve as the point person to their client and will be responsible for overseeing and managing the account’s success.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS required
- Bilingual in English and Chinese/Mandarin required
- 5+ years of strategic account manager/director and/or consulting experience with senior leadership
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Foodservice business experience and/or SaaS experience/knowledge preferred
- Proven success working with strategic enterprise accounts in the APAC region, demonstrating growth and ROI
- Driven to build exceptional relationships with clients, specifically senior level customers, through a consultative, values-driven approach
- Strong team leadership skills with experience setting priorities, mentoring, and balancing team roles and responsibilities
- Excited to give 100% in an entrepreneurial, collaborative organization
- Mission-aligned with Leanpath sustainability and food waste goals, while comfortable working in a for-profit, commercial environment
- Strong problem solver; clear and creative thinker
- Ability to identify challenges and develop/find solutions
- Own and make decisions with the best interests of the company and client in mind
- Experience managing and monitoring performance metrics across account portfolios
- Assist with development of customer stories, case studies and client references
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Energetic, positive, diplomatic, professional presence
- Fluent with current versions of MS suite and other web-based collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams and Google apps
- Familiar with business intelligence concepts
More about Leanpath & Our Team
Founded in 2004, we created the food waste measurement & technology industry. We’ve been recognized by our customers and the industry with awards including vendor and support team of the year awards from client partners Google and Sodexo, “Sustainability Initiative of the Year” award from Food Matters Live, and the “Technology for Good” award from the Global Good Awards UK, among others.
Our team is connected through our core values, which are woven into our culture: drive and productivity, excellence, equity, humility, kindness and inclusion, and teamwork. We believe that diversity of team members and diversity of experiences makes us stronger. We support one another in becoming our best selves, and bringing our whole selves to work. We actively seek out the best talent, regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religious background, gender or gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Other reasons Leanpath is a great place to work:
- Mission-based global sustainability company working on one of the biggest social issues of our time
- Collaborative & international team members with a passion for fighting food waste
- Flexible team and work environment
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid volunteer hours
Join us. It’s time to make an impact.